Pupils, Parents and Guardians
Keen Tuition is committed to ensuring your personal information is protected. This privacy notice describes how Keen Tuition collects, uses and protects your information.
How we collect your information
The information we hold about you and your child comes from the way you engage with us, such as if you enquire about our courses, register or enrol for our courses online through our website, via email, post or over the telephone. We will also collect information about you and your children during the period you are enrolled with us via email, telephone, post and from discussions with you.
The type of information we hold
The type of information we hold will include:
• Personal information – name, address, gender, contact telephone numbers, email addresses, date of birth, school, student photo.
• Business contact Information – business telephone numbers.
• Financial information – bank account details, payment history.
• Academic Records – student test and assessment scores and progress reports/profile sheets produced by Keen Tuition.
• Special category information – student medical information.
How we use your information
We use your information in the following ways:
• The legitimate interest of providing you with the information you requested or to register your interest in our services.
• The legitimate interest of your child’s enrolment for tutoring.
• We process your personal information to communicate with you to fulfil the contract between us to provide tutoring.
• We process your bank details for payments for tutoring to fulfil the contract between us to provide tutoring.
• We process your child’s information and academic records to monitor and fulfil the contract between us to provide tutoring.
• We process you child’s medical information for the vital interests of the child to ensure they receive appropriate care and to respond to any emergency.
Who we will share your information with
Some of your information is stored by our IT suppliers who host our websites and applications. Our suppliers are bound by EU privacy law and the terms of the contracts include the enhanced General Data Protection Regulation terms and clauses. We will not share personal information with any other organisation unless we are a legally required to do so.
Storing your information
Your personal information will be stored on systems owned or operated by Keen Tuition or those of our specific suppliers and will only be stored inside the European Economic Area (EEA).
We will retain your personal information in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements.
Where you have requested information, but we have had no further interaction with you for a period of two years we will delete your data.
Where you have registered for our service, but we have had no further interaction with you for a period of two years we will delete your data.
Where we have entered into a contract for tutoring services, we must retain your, and your child’s personal information for seven years after the end of the contract.
Academic records are destroyed at the end of each academic year.
Children’s medical information is deleted once a child is no longer registered as a student.
How you can access your information
You have the right to request access to the information we hold about you. To make a request for your personal information, please contact the Privacy Manager at: email@example.com
You have the right to:
• object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress;
• have inaccurate personal data rectified.
• request your information to be deleted or destroyed and if we can we will but sometimes we must maintain some records for legal reasons.
If you are not happy how we are using your information or how we have responded to your request, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.co.uk.
How we will tell you about future changes to this privacy notice
Any changes we make to our privacy notice will be put on our website. Please check for updates from time to time so you are always fully aware of what information is collected and how it is used.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact the Privacy Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org